Melt pendant lamp
Uses high tech to create the striking Melt pendant lamp (2014), which was inspired by his fascination with a vacuum metallization process often used to make sunglasses. This pendant starts out as a polycarbonate ball that is placed in a vacuum chamber. When the air is sucked out, an electrical charge of metal foil evaporates into a mist of particles creating a 0.02 micron thick mirror finish. Swedish design collective Front teamed up with Dixon to give Melt the look of hot blown glass.
- Please note that your payment does not include customs duties, local taxes or any other import charges. The order does not include bulbs.
- If you have any questions about our products, please contact us and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
- Dia 18cm / ∅ 7 ″
- Dia 28cm / ∅ 11 ″
- Dia 38cm / ∅ 15 ″
- Dia 48cm / ∅ 18.9 ″
- Material: Mteal, PVC, plastic
- Light source: E27
- Power: Max 40W
- Weight: 1.5kg / 3.3 lbs
- Finishes: Chrome, Gold, Red, Smoke Gray
- Process: Polishing / Electroplating
- Control method: push button switch (not dimmable)
- We supply wires of 150 cm / 59 ″. Can be extended on request
Other designs of this series: