Melt pendant lamp
Uses high tech to create the striking Melt pendant lamp (2014), which was inspired by his fascination with a vacuum metallization process often used to make sunglasses. This pendant starts out as a polycarbonate ball that is placed in a vacuum chamber. When the air is sucked out, an electrical charge of metal foil evaporates into a mist of particles creating a 0.02 micron thick mirror finish. Swedish design collective Front teamed up with Dixon to give Melt the look of hot blown glass.
- Dia 18cm / ∅ 7 ″
- Dia 28cm / ∅ 11 ″
- Dia 38cm / ∅ 15 ″
- Dia 48cm / ∅ 18.9 ″
- Material: Mteal, PVC, plastic
- Light source: E27
- Power: Max 40W
- Weight: 1.5kg / 3.3 lbs
- Finishes: Chrome, Gold, Red, Smoke Gray
- Process: Polishing / Electroplating
- Control method: push button switch (not dimmable)
- We supply wires of 150 cm / 59 ″. Can be extended on request
If you have any questions about our products, please contact us and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
Other designs of this series: